Friday, April 17, 2015

Hot!

More updating to be done soon, but wanted to remember this funny story.
We have been teaching Charlotte about the word "hot," particularly in regards to the oven, food, and cups of coffee/tea. She likes to say "hah" with a funny little squint and her hand up in the air defensively  (which apparently is how I say it to her without realizing it).
She doesn't quite get it as she makes us nervous at times by proclaiming the bath "hot" [wet??] when it isn't, among other food items that really aren't hot. She has started noticing when there is steam coming off something,  like the dishwasher or food, and appropriately announcing "hah."
Last night we went to dinner with Kristen and Mike,  and I took Charlotte to the empty, fenced outdoor seating area two times to run off some steam and general antsiness.  The first time there were about five school aged girls who were running around, and they loved Charlotte,  who marched right up to them waving and saying "hi!" I am in awe of her innate sociability by the way, don't think she gets that from me!
The second time we went out, there was a lady standing outside the yard smoking. Charlotte noticed her right away, and upon seeing the clouds of smoke, started pointing and saying "hot! Hot!" I had a good laugh about it on the car on the way home. I don't think the woman noticed but I'm sure I'll have my share of "Honest Toddler" moments in the next few years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment