Saturday, January 17, 2015

House Hunters answer

Those of you who guessed House # 3 were correct! We put in our applications for renting the place on Monday, and now we sit back and wait. Hopefully we will be found to be worthy tenants and the place will be ours. Once we find out the good news (hopefully), we will determine a move-in date.


We might use the lower level "study" as a guest room, and anticipate using the smallest room upstairs as a storage/closet room as the owners did. We love the kitchen and the sunroom so much! I was concerned about not having closet space, but we can borrow freestanding wardrobe from the air force base. This will decrease the living space upstairs, but when we thought about it -- we will spend much more time on the lower level, where there is tons of space and light. Really hoping we get it!

We lengthened our temporary housing at the Old Dairy by another week -- we will see if we need to lengthen it any more. While I enjoy living here, I'm hoping we will get to be living in St Neots sooner than later, to allow me and Charlotte more freedom to get out of the house! With the cold, wet weather in a rural area, it's a challenge to find places to walk that keep my feet somewhat dry :) One day, I did take Charlotte out in the Ergo (as backpack) on a walk through the fields around the Old Dairy. We were limited by the wetness in the fields -- I *intelligently* packed my insulated boots in the household goods shipment, so I'll see them in March probably. Darn. I might cave and buy some wellies before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment