Friday, January 29, 2016

Baking days

When we visited my best friend Ashley and her family last spring, she gave Charlotte a matching chef's hat and apron. Charlotte has gotten great use out of it, especially when we went on a muffin-baking kick back in the fall. One day, we were all ready to bake and I realized we were missing an essential ingredient. Since we lived only a block from the local grocery store, I turned off the oven and got Charlotte ready to head over in the stroller. We hit a brief roadblock when I tried to take the chef's hat off her head against her will; I quickly realized this was not a battle I needed to fight and let her wear the hat to the store. We got quite a few smiles and "Oh, bless!" [British for "how cute!"] comments.

This hat is NOT coming off my head.
Another morning, Paul got out his camera to take some pictures of us making banana muffins. Charlotte just loves dumping the ingredients into the bowl, trying to stir, filling the muffin tin with paper liners, and using (with help) the old-fashioned ice cream scoop to portion out batter into the cups. And of course... eating them!







No comments:

Post a Comment